Updated: August 9, 2021
MK Genealogy provides genealogical and historical research services. As such, it is necessary to collect private information from our clients in order to perform the contracted research services. Additionally, the MK Genealogy website and newsletter collects data in order to perform their functions.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to MK Genealogy.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a mobile phone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service(s) refers to the Services rendered by MK Genealogy to Our customers.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to MK Genealogy, accessible from www.mkgeneaology.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Personal Data Collected for Research
In order to perform the necessary research to fulfill the client contract, the following information may be collected from You directly by MK Genealogy:
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Additional communication screen names (Zoom, Skype, etc.)
- Mailing Address
- Information relevant to the research, including but not limited to:
- Existing Family Trees or research, public or private
- Personal artifacts or copies thereof, including photos, vital records, and other items helpful to the project, public or private
- Private family stories
- Other personal information as needed to perform research and provide project deliverables.
How This Information Is Used
The above collected information is used to perform the requisite consultation and project research, as well as execute the contract and deliver final research and report.
All Your contact and personal information is held privately by MK Genealogy. It is not shared, rented, or sold to third parties for marketing or other purposes without Your express permission.
Project contract will include the opportunity to permit MK Genealogy to share your project in certification portfolios and other professional and business development situations. Testimonials and other reviews may also be collected and distributed with your consent. A written consent form will be obtained from You before disclosure of any personal information or communication. You may decline or revoke any or all of these disclosures at any time.
For more details on how your personal and digital (website and newsletter) data are used, please see below.
Personal Data Collected For Website & Newsletter
Data Provided by You
While using Our Website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Request Details or Personal Interest Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service by Our hosting provider.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
All website usage data collected is anonymous. All data received by MK Genealogy is free of personal identifying information.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
MK Genealogy only uses only Session Cookies for the purposes set out below. Persistant cookies are not used at this time.
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us and our Service Provider
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services. These cookies expire at the end of your browser session.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service and Website, including completion of Your contracted project and to monitor the usage of our website.
- To manage Your Client Account: in order to manage Your client account, your personal information will be maintained by Us in a private database. Your personal information will not be shared, rented, or sold to third parties.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for Our services that You have agreed to or of any other contract with Us.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication regarding updates or informative communications related to the products or contracted services.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. This information is shared through the MK Genealogy Newsletter. Our newsletter’s mailing list data is managed by ConverKit. Please see their privacy here: https://convertkit.com/privacy.
NOTE: You are not automatically added to the mailing list when contracting Our research services. Joining the newsletter is voluntary and is separate from receiving Our contracted services. You may opt out of Your newsletter subscription at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any newsletter email message or by messaging Us directly at email@example.com.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us. Information shared with Us through the Contract forms, email, or other methods of contact is not shared, rented, or sold with third parties. It is used solely to initiate or continue communication between MK Genealogy and You.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience. Data used for these purposes is not shared, rented, or sold to third parties without your express written consent.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website, to contact You, or to provide services to you. Your personal information will not be given, rented, or sold to third parties for promotional or marketing purposes.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for other purpose with Your written consent. This can include testimonials shared on the Website, sharing research in certification portfolios, and other professional and business development situations. A written consent form will be obtained from You before disclosure. See above section on Personal Data Collected for Research for more information.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Additional Privacy Information
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: info@mkgenealogy1gmail-com